I haven’t been posting much lately, so i thought i owed all of you at least an end of 2010 top ten list. So here are, in no real order, my top 10 favorite songs of 2010
1. Hugo – 99 Problems: This is a very funky, cool, original take on Jay Z’s hit.
2. The National – Bloodbuzz Ohio: I love the entire new album by these guys but this song, their first single, will always stand out for me
3. New Politics: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah: Another case of the single not even being the strongest track on the album, this song should have been twice as big an anthem as it was, and it was everywhere over the summer, even if you didn’t realize it
4. Gorillaz – Plastic Beach: Damon Albarn is a genius. Period.
5. Florence & The Machine – Dog Days are Over: Screw Lady Gaga, Florence should be HUGE right now. By far the most talented female artist of 2010. This album is beginning to end perfection
6. Kanye West – Power Remix: Let’s face it, most hyper-talented people are usually douche bags. Kanye is no exception, but that doesn’t make this song, or his new album any less great.
7.Sleigh Bells – Infinity Guitars: Theirs no real way to describe this guy/girl duo, you just really need to go out and buy this whole album now…..
8. Matt & Kim – Cameras: Pure indie pop energy that makes you want to go out into the night, kiss a stranger, get a tattoo and god knows what else….
9. Phoenix – 1901: Yet another group where the catchy singles should just be your gateway to an amazing album
10. Stone Sour – Say You’ll Haunt Me: Pure guitar driven rock. These guys prove over and over that they can rock just as hard as their main band Slipnot, but with less mess
Honorable Mention: Paramore, Avenged Sevenfold, 30 Seconds to Mars, The Ting Tings, Middle Class Rut & Nicki Minaj
Worst Of The Year: Anything by 3OH!3, Miley Cyrus, Taylor Swift, Ke$ha, Mike Posner & Bruno Mars